HOW ARE YOU?
These have been crazy times for all of us, and while THE DREAMCATCHER has been severely impacted along with nearly everyone in the hospitality industry, we’ve been far more concerned about the safety and health of our team members, neighbors and the communities around us.
Now that things are taking the first steps towards reopening, we wanted to give you an update on what’s happening with us and that we are ready for you…because we sure miss you, and we want to see you as soon as you can.
WHAT IS OPEN?
RESTAURANTS, STORES, MOVIE THEATRES AND MUSEUMS.
PUERTO RICO IS NOW IN PHASE 3 OF ITS REOPENING PHASE:
The government-imposed curfew is now in effect from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., but the mandatory stay-at-home order was rescinded. This means that, starting with phase 3, people will be allowed to go out freely outside of those hours. Commercial activity will now be allowed seven days a week, during specified hours depending on the business. Beaches are now open, but those who visit them must still respect social distancing guidelines as well as the recommendations of the island Health Department and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Cinemas will be allowed to reopen at 50 percent capacity, but all patrons must wear masks and also comply with social distancing requirements. Museums and spas can also reopen under similar requirements.
HAVE YOU RESUMED FOOD SERVICES?
We’re in the process of getting them opened back up and working on reopening plans that balance staff and guest safety with providing the first-rate experience we demand of ourselves. We don’t want to do a less-good version of what we had before, so we’re taking our time to get this right. Keep your eyes on our social media accounts for updates on opening dates. As always, guests are invited to use our outdoor kitchen to cook up some fantastic vegetarian chows.
HOW WILL YOU PROTECT YOUR GUESTS?
We take extremely seriously our responsibility to protect your health, the health of our team, and public health in the communities we serve. We hope that your time here will be fun and relaxing, but we know that won’t happen unless you feel comfortable and safe. As a result, we’ve put together the DREAM CLEAN Program:
(1) Extra Cleaning in High-Touch Areas. Our staff have focused extra attention on the most frequently touched areas of your room and high-traffic common areas. These areas and items – in addition to all normally serviced areas of the room – have been treated with EPA/OSHA-approved disinfecting cleaning agents.
(2) One-Day Delay in Room Turnover. Your room has been unoccupied for at least 24 hours prior to your arrival. In that time, it has been deeply cleaned and sanitized by our housekeeping staff.
(3) Optional In-Stay Servicing. Your room will be serviced during your stay only upon request. Please text the front desk for more information.
(4) Guest Accessible Masks, Disinfecting Wipes and Hand Sanitizer. Sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizers will be provided at high-traffic areas throughout the hotel. Extra masks will be available upon request at the front desk.
(5) Team Safety. Guest safety and team safety are one and the same. Our team has all been provided training on best practices for social distancing, handwashing, sanitizing and use of PPE. We have also underscored the importance of staying home if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms and implemented a sick leave policy to incentivize responsible behavior.
Likewise, we really have to ask our guests to provide the same consideration in return. If any guest is experiencing symptoms or has any concerns around their possible exposure to infected people, we have to ask you to postpone your plans to visit us. We’ll be happy to work something out with you – just please don’t expose our team members or other guests.
WHAT’S YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
It’s a crazy uncertain time, and the last thing we want you worrying about is whether you’ll be able to get a refund if your plans change. So we’ve made all bookings fully refundable until the day before check-in. So make some plans with us and, if things change, we’ve got your back.
WE WANT YOU (AND NEED YOU)
We really want to see you back here as soon as it’s safe for everyone, and we’re hopeful that an improving public health outlook is allowing. this to happen. We won’t lie – we’ve taken this on the chin, as have our individual team members and as have nearly everyone in our industry. And we know you’re as stir-crazy as we are, and you’re chomping at the bit to get to travel and dine out like before. We hope we can count on your support now that we have reopened, we are ready to welcome you with open arms, which we will awkwardly air hug you from six feet away.
If you’ve got any questions, feedback or ideas, we’d love to hear from you. But no more Zooms.
DEALS DEALS DEALS
We have some serious rebates on our rooms right now that you really should not miss out on: